PDA

View Full Version : CFL and Clamp on lights with lamp adapters

NightSquid
05-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Has anyone had much success with cfl and lamp adapters, I was just wondering if the lamp adapters effected the cfl's durability or life or lumen output. Thanks in advance.

Aeroman
05-28-2009, 06:06 PM
What exactly do you mean by a lamp adapter. As long as the bulb gets sufficient power it will output the listed luminen amount. You will not lose any power through the adapter if that's what your wondering. Most household circuits are 115v x 15amp = 1725W

alexhate
06-01-2009, 10:52 AM
i have a twin bulb adapter with two 100w= bulds i think there like 26w draw.

they work no problem, think about it,at the very least they where ment to be used with 45w normal bulbs,in each socket, and i am only pulling 32w. for both of them.

as far as growing results im not that far yet, my plants are in a window and the cfls are just for a lil' help when the sun is past the window.

but the only reason i tried it is cuz i saw someone else doing it and it look like it was working well for them.

also i got a pack of two 100w cfls for one buck and the adapter for 3 bucks,not bad for a 200w light.

Aeroman
06-22-2009, 11:42 AM
The important thing to look at is the light output. 100w equivalent means nothing. Look at the luminens... and yes you would be fine running CFL's in the adapter. However 32w for 2 CFL bulbs means 16w each which mean very dim... Try to find at least 23w CFL bulbs outputting at least 1600 luminens each. Also if you can find them use the 46w CFL bulbs instead. Remember 6500K bulbs for veg, 2700K bulbs for flowering.