PDA

View Full Version : Grow light sagging big time

WRXBLUE05
05-19-2009, 09:55 AM
I just got my grow box "slightly used" the 105w grow bulb and light ficture sag at least 6 inchs. The backing on the box is plastic but very thick. By question is it safe to wrap like a metal line of some sort around the bulb and secure it to the top of my box this would make the bulb str8 across. Or is it not safe to have anything touching the bulbs due to heat?

WRXBLUE05
05-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I was thinking of using a small steel leader hung on 2 hooks on the top of the box, I'm not sure how HOT these bulbs get tho, are they hot to the touch? Because I'd had for the steel leader to heat the hooks and melt the top of my gross box!

Henry S
05-20-2009, 11:24 AM
I would try reinforcing the fixture or the light before attaching anything to the glass itself. Why is it sagging in the first place? A 105 watt CFL can get hot to the touch after being on for 18hrs a day so exercise caution...

WRXBLUE05
05-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks. I'll check it when I get home to see how hot it is. It's just a platic grow box, so the weight of the light fixture and bulb itself on the side of the case is causing it to sag. I could snap a pic I suppose, Just looking for some soft of solution I can put together. Thanks!

Henry S
05-21-2009, 11:52 AM
is making an angle brace from the opposite corner or side to attach to the socket or fixture feasible?