PDA

View Full Version : Growlab 120

Bobby_604
06-15-2009, 05:32 PM
I am very interested in grabbing one of these, but have a few questions.

How light proof are these? The clear plastic windows seem pretty sketchy. I don't really understand the need for them. Just seems like a avenue for more light leaking in.

Could these house 2 x 400 watt lights?

I would cool the tent via portable A/C unit. 10,000 BTU

David G.
06-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Despite what the ads say, no tent on the market is truly 100% light proof. Having said that, the Grow Lab is the most light proof tent we've seen so far, and the few pin holes you may find will not be enough to affect the photoperiod of the plants you are growing.

The clear viewing windows were developed primarily to enable growers to view their plants without having to unzip and open up the tent, which could allow CO2 to escape, bugs to enter, etc. They're great for showing off or checking on plants while still maintaining a closed environment. The windows have Velcro all the way around, and we have had 0 complaints on light leaking through them.

You could use 2x 400W systems in the GL120, but that is going to illuminate a rectangular area, and the GrowLab is square. You would probably be better off with a single 600W, or switching to a GrowLab 80L. But, many reflectors on the market today are designed to throw the light across a rectangular area, so putting 2x 400W systems together could very well come close to illuminating a square area, depending on what reflectors are used and how they are hung.

Pilgrim420
06-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Hello Bobby_604, I have a GL 80, its pretty killer but, Not as light proof as advertised ie pin holes all over the place. worth the money I guess?? T5 HO lights are good in it though= Low heat high output lights;)
Take care Bobby
Pilgrim

David G.
06-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Just a side note:
There have been many small improvements (and some large ones) since the first shipment back in December of '08. Some of these improvements helped to reduce the number of pinholes, so the newer the tent, the fewer number of pin holes you are likely to experience.

The main reason for pin holes is the stitching. Any time you pierce material with a needle, you risk allowing a tiny amount of light to enter through the hole. If for some reason the material gets stretched, those needle holes stretch as well, creating space between the stitching and the material, allowing light to pass, and then you have a pin hole.

Pin holes usually happen during installation, so be careful when you're stretching that material over the frame!

Unregistered
11-10-2009, 02:49 PM
What is the assembled dimensions of the gl120

David G.
11-14-2009, 11:51 AM
3'11" x 3'11" x 6'7"