PDA

View Full Version : NOOB ? How Do I use my new 'Hanna Grochek Combo pH/EC/TDS/Temperature Monitor'

mntnvew
06-28-2009, 08:14 PM
OK, I am new to hydro gardening and am into my first endeavor now.

I have things set up and want to learn the in's and out's of using this new monitor.

I got this monitor, Hanna Grochek Combo pH/EC/TDS/Temperature Monitor HI991404.

Basically HOW DO I USE IT? The directions are as vague as can be, they say select the item you want to monitor and immerse the two probes.

Well when I go to PH (while out of the water the digital read out changes from 0.00 to 3.02) and submerse it, the display flashes 0.00 that is it.

Anyone PLS help; I have sprouts I want to get into the system tomorrow.

TIA! :o

lisawoodard
07-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Sounds like you didn't calibrate your meter first. Even if you get a meter that says it self-calibrates, you still have to read your directions and calibrate the meter to the manufacturers specs. It's really not that hard, but I know it can be confusing. I'm new too and confused about ppm readings and nutrient levels. But I'll figure it out somehow. Hope that helps.

Unregistered
03-11-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm asking this question for a relative who's in Thailand and wants me to send a portable TDS machine. I know very little about hydroponics and would be very appreciative of any info I can get.
Please email me at [email protected]
Thank you