PDA

View Full Version : GL80 Lighting Suggestions

Bmech
07-01-2009, 06:52 AM
Greetings,

I just picked up a GL80 and plan on running Autopots. I currently have a 175w MH and a 250w HPS system that I use seperately for vegging and fruiting. I was thinking about combining the 2 lamps to provide dual spectrum lighting for my plants that will grow in the GL. The smallest reflector I could find that'll accomodate 2 lamps is from Control Wizard, which measures roughly 24" x 24". This just seems a little too big to use, especially if I plan on cooling the reflector with my 4" blower fan and running a carbon scrubber from the intake side.

The second option I'm considering is using my Euro reflector, which measures 19" x 11.5", and running a dual arc 1000w bulb. Of course I would upgrade the cooling with either a 6" or 8" fan/carbon scrubber combo.

My main concern is cooling/air movement within the tent. What route do you all think would be the best to take?

THX

HydroACR
07-02-2009, 01:23 PM
how large is the tent/growing area? any pics of the setup?

Unregistered
07-06-2009, 07:19 AM
how large is the tent/growing area? any pics of the setup?

HydroACR,

No pics yet, I just ordered the tent last week. The GL80 measures 2'7" x 2'7" x 5'11", so roughly over 4 sqft.

I've decided to go with a 400W HPS/MH conversion set-up in a 6" cool tube, a 6" inline blower and filter combo. I also have a 4" inline blower fan that I'll hook-up to a register riser box/grill, which will be retrofited to the back of the tent.