PDA

View Full Version : GroLab 120 + 1000W Hortilux Super Blue Dual Arc

elfstone
07-06-2009, 07:46 AM
I just purchased the GroLab 120 and plan on using a 1000W Hortilux Super Blue Dual Arc lamp, with air cooled Hydrofarm Radiant reflector. I would like to pull the air through the lamp, into a carbon filter (recommendations anyone?) and out through a 4" active air fan in the roof. Is this feasible?

Thanks!

Unregistered
07-06-2009, 03:48 PM
i think a 1000W light would be a lot for that tent, even 600's are fairly hard to cool during the summer.
and id go with a 6" vortex fan (4" fans are pathetically weak compared to 6", and vortex fans are a lot better), although its still gonna get pretty hot in there during warmer summer months.

unless you are gonna run an AC in the room, you might have problems.

elfstone
07-07-2009, 01:06 PM
The tent is in an AC cooled basement. Ambient room temperature is about 65F in the summer. I will be pulling air through the opening in the roof built to hold the fan, through a 9000 can-fan filter. I have considered putting the filter on the other side of the light and then pulling air through the light and out the exit vent in the roof. Feasible?

elfstone
07-07-2009, 05:55 PM
I actually found a better solution, which is to pull air through the light into a fan housed in the ceiling slot, and attach an Organic Charcoal Fiber Air Filter to the fan exhaust. These filters can be on the intake or exhaust side of the fan and work just as well either way.

http://www.organicairfilter.com/about.shtml

I'll keep you informed of the results.

David G.
07-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Before you run out any buy anything else, let's see if we can make use of what you already have. You stated you would be using a Can 9000 filter; do you already have a fan?

Considering your low ambient air source temperature, the Can 4" fan should be sufficient in terms of the flow rate. Normally I might be worried that the 1000W lamp might be too much, but again, considering the low temperature of the source air I don't believe you will have any issues. If you use a fan that is much bigger, the sides of the tent will definitely start to draw in.

Also, the Can 9000 can be installed on either the intake or exhaust side.