PDA

View Full Version : Humidity issue's..

StrictlyCoCo
07-08-2009, 02:41 PM
looking for some technical help here.

I have a 10x16x8 room with some monster tomato plants in there and my night time humidity seems untameable.. never had issues but i guess its the location and summer climate.

the room is completely sealed, non air cooled lights and a 5ton central ac unit just enough to cool my lighting perfectly. I run co2 from a bottle and not a generator.

i never made holes or vents in any of my rooms and will like to remain as sealed as possible, there is also a dehumidifier but the trees are prolly to big and the unit can not hang :( its staying around 74% at night which is really really not good whatsoever.

Thanks in advance for any input

David G.
07-08-2009, 11:26 PM
When you say it's staying around 74, is this what you saw on your max/min humidity gauge, or do you know for a fact that it stays around 74 for the entire evening?

StrictlyCoCo
07-09-2009, 10:04 AM
I have a wireless monitor.. It stays at 74 except when my ac kicks on during lights off it goes down to 50ish but rises right back up within a few minutes of the ac shutting off..

Worse part is the air I can grab from the outside has the humidity just as high if not higher, I'm in a very tropical climate n the rain is not helping my situation neither.

David G.
07-09-2009, 03:12 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

Well, I was going to tell you that the humidity normally kicks up right when the lights go off, and that venting for around 30 minutes at this time usually knocks the humidity down to a level that the dehu can take care of, but now that I see that it's remaining at 74 the entire dark cycle and that your source air is also 74, there's not much else you can do short of adding more dehu's or getting a larger capacity model. Unless maybe you can draw air from a dryer source, like another room in the house if it is air conditioned.

Unregistered
07-09-2009, 05:51 PM
theres 2 side by side rooms one is 29x11x8 and the other is 10x16x8 both sealed both running co2, what if there was some sort of fans or vents put in each room to cycle the air 24/7? this way the dry daytime air from one room gets pushed into the humid night time room cause it to dry out and the humid air will go into the day time room and dry up..

possibly possible with the right size fans on each room?

thanks

willard3
07-13-2009, 09:32 AM
The daytime air contains the same absolute amount of moisture as the night air, it's just the RH% that has changed because night air is cooler.

Increase your A/C size or run discharge air temp from the A/C lower.