PDA

View Full Version : Elf filter with Dayton blower

Unregistered
09-20-2006, 05:13 PM
I recently purchased both products mentioned above. I intend to use the pair together in a HydroHut Mini. On the website it recommends these two products together yet it is far from clear how they attach to eachother. The intake side of the blower has no flange on it with which to attach the filter too. In the pictures it clearly shows the filter on the intake side of the blower inside the hydrohut with the output flange attached to the hydrohut. Am I missing something ?

David G.
09-21-2006, 04:53 PM
The Elf filter does adapt to squirrel cage blowers, but some (if not all) blowers will require hardware/accessories to complete the job. In your case you will need a small length of 4" ducting (aluminum, plastic or insulated), 2x 265 Blower Tube Adapters, and (optionally) 4x 4" Duct Hose Clamps. All of these items can be found on our website in the Fan Accessories category (let me know if you want me to email the direct links to you). The most common way to hook the fan and filter up is as follows:

1. Attach a 265 blower tube adapter to both the intake and exhaust of the Dayton.

2. Strap the fan and filter to the 2 support rods hanging down from the ceiling of the HH. The order is as follows: 4" vent flange>Dayton>filter.

3. Attach a piece of ducting from the flange in the roof of the HH to the exhaust flange of the Dayton.

4. Attach a piece of ducting from the intake flange on the Dayton to the Elf filter.

If you need any further clarification on how to install the fan and filter please let us know and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Ebb&Flower
09-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Can it be refilled with charcol(sp?)?

David G.
09-22-2006, 12:59 PM
It's not really designed to be refillable (there's no wing nuts or quick-release mechanism), but where there's a will, there's a way . . .

Unregistered
12-30-2006, 04:14 AM
Here's my solution to the sqirrel fan adaptation.

I built a shallow 5 sided box out of 1x wood to fit around the Dayton .
One side of the box is bolted to the Dayton flange with a hole through for exhaust , the outside has a 4" duct fitting leading to my hood . The bottom of the box has a 4" hole and duct fitting lining up with the intake of the squirrel cage and going to the carbon filter . The top of the box is open to fully expose the fan motor for ventilation .

Glue and screws hold the box together .
Plumbers putty (cheap) is a great gasket maker .

I would by an inline (more expensive) fan if this one ever fails . It's a little more noisy (not bad) than I would like .

-Clyde