PDA

View Full Version : HomeBox Seconds...Off gassing issues?

Unregistered
10-20-2009, 01:58 PM
I was just curious if anyone could tell me if the Homeboxes have any off gassing issues because i noticed they have the white insides, and that was the issue with others, the pvc plastic used caused offgassing. Was just curious because i would def like to buy one if there ok.

Frank N. Berry
10-21-2009, 05:02 PM
PVC or polyvinyl chloride that was improperly manufactured is what caused chlorine gas to be given off when heated. Someone correct me if i'm wrong but I think homebox uses PE or polyethylene which cant and wont give off harmful chlorine gas. I think the seconds models are fine, just probably a little gray or dingy white.

David G.
10-22-2009, 11:49 PM
You are correct. Homebox does not use any PVC, which is what causes the off gassing. Homebox is the original inventory of the portable grow room; they came out with the first model back in 2001. They have sold more grow rooms than any other manufacturer in the world, and for the longest period of time, and there has never been a single report of off gassing. The seconds are no exception. The only difference is the color (light gray instead of white).

Unregistered
10-24-2009, 12:07 PM
thank you very much for your replies, i think one of these would be fine for veg room in early spring.