PDA

View Full Version : Small Time Newbi-Can you make a little Cash?

LiquidSalt
12-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Hello to all!
Ive been looking into hydroponics as a hobby, and I'm planning to build an indoor system. So Ive being doing a lot of research as anyone would do when interested in a new hobby. What I have been wondering is what could I grow to make a little money with hydro that doesnt involve growing pot. This equipment is very expensive and to be able to make some of that upfront cost back would really help. I live on a fixed income due to a disability. I really need to keep myself busy. I use to own a Saltwater Fish Store, buy my body just couldn't do the work. I'm not looking for easy money; social security just doesnt pay the bills

Thank you for any help!

Jason:D

MDub86
12-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Jason,

Not all hydroponic hobbyists are growing California's largest cash crop these days. Some people have invested their abilities in many different outlets. Healthfood is a growing market for hydroponics as well as Nurseries and Greenhouses. Obviously I don't know if you would be interested in anything like that but I can say I personally have a friend who grows exotic and rare flowers for a local nursery and she turns a nice profit for her efforts. So there you have it, not everyone grows ******** these days. It's just a matter of thinking outside the box, so to speak haha. I hope this helps!

David G.
12-29-2009, 09:32 PM
If you're looking for a quick and easy way to sell your produce, the first place I would consider is your local farmers market.

bwizb
01-14-2010, 12:33 PM
If you're looking for a quick and easy way to sell your produce, the first place I would consider is your local farmers market.

That's a really good idea. Get customers in the summer, and keep them during the winter when they can't get the fresh produce. I think you just gave me a way to sell this hydroponic thing to the wife. "It's gonna pay for itself honey..."

cheers