PDA

View Full Version : lighting issue

gotdirt
03-18-2010, 11:24 PM
ive got a growlab gl80l .im growing in dirt .i am looking for some advise on my lighting method, should i use only one 600watt hps/mh with ventilation and switchable ballast for both veg and flower or do i need more light like 2, 400 watt hps/mh with switch ballast or a led addition to my 600 watter. or am i going to be ok. is heat going to kick my butt. ill have 2 142 cfm fans one for intake and one for exhaust . the dims on tent are 2'7" 4'11" 6'7" should be arond 105sq am i ok . id like to grow arond 8 to 12 plants will it work. ps please any help will be greatly appreciated

Boss C
07-03-2010, 04:21 PM
ive got a growlab gl80l .im growing in dirt .i am looking for some advise on my lighting method, should i use only one 600watt hps/mh with ventilation and switchable ballast for both veg and flower or do i need more light like 2, 400 watt hps/mh with switch ballast or a led addition to my 600 watter. or am i going to be ok. is heat going to kick my butt. ill have 2 142 cfm fans one for intake and one for exhaust . the dims on tent are 2'7" 4'11" 6'7" should be arond 105sq am i ok . id like to grow arond 8 to 12 plants will it work. ps please any help will be greatly appreciated

1 600w HPS/MH would be fine I would advise against the LED, supplemental lighting not necessary in a gl80 save your money and buy a bigger tent or start a room. start with 1 6" can fan(AEFCF06HO) pushing the warm air from your vented hood out of your tent if you temps are rising above 80 degrees when the lights are on then think about running a fresh intake mounted lower and a filtered exhaust mounted higher but this method would be wasting CO2 if you are using CO2, if not it would help you out a great deal by introducing more available CO2 to your plants make sure your plants are atleast 18" away from the hood depending on the variety some handle heat better than others, if your using CO2 or still warm after the previous steps your going need to use a portable ac or set up an exhaust system on a interval timer so your plants have time to absorb CO2 before it gets to warm.

Good Luck,
Boss C

davzotl
07-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Look at my response to "Lamp Recommendation" above.

bwhite3
07-20-2010, 04:20 PM
I think you should use the HPS and MH lighting. I have had such great grows with HPS alone, but am aware of the benefits of MH for vegetative growth. Get a light with an air cooled tube if your worried of heat issues.

Brian
HPS with air cooled tube (http://www.indoorgrowinglights.org)