PDA

View Full Version : List of all the supplies I'll need

Andrew228
03-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Hello everyone, I've been reading the faqs on this forum and learning as much as I can about hydroponics.

I'm planning on making a DWC system out of either a fishtank or storage bin.. It's going to be rather cheap :D

Can someone give me a list of EVERYTHING i'll need?
I know that I need the fishtank(or whatever) and it needs to be covered so no light can get in, and a fishtank pump and the clear tubing. What else? Please include nutrients too

Thanks!

John M.
03-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Air Stone(s)
Ph meter (or test strips)
Ph up/down
water pump
temp monitor (possibly chiller or heater)
net pot and medium (hydroton preferably)

Nutrients are up to you! simplicity might be the ticket in your first DWC grow so that you can concentrate on disolved oxygen/ res temperature/ Ph control.

Andrew228
03-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Air Stone(s)
Ph meter (or test strips)
Ph up/down
water pump
temp monitor (possibly chiller or heater)
net pot and medium (hydroton preferably)

Nutrients are up to you! simplicity might be the ticket in your first DWC grow so that you can concentrate on disolved oxygen/ res temperature/ Ph control.

Thanks for the reply John, I have one more question.. Is keeping up with the Ph really that important in hydroponics? Or is that just for experts that go all out in growing?

Unregistered
03-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Yes, it is important. Some people get away with not checking pH by measuring carefully or using soil, but having the pH too far off can seriously injure or kill your plants.

LifeinExile
03-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Ph value is very important in hydroponics it is essential because hydroponic medias are inert, supplying no nutrients to the plants. in hydroponics and ph value of 5.5 to 6.2.

Bghardcore.

John M.
03-29-2010, 12:29 PM
That is correct Life in Exile. A very Hardcore answer indeed.:cool:

HPE21
06-07-2010, 10:03 PM
If you use a low concentrated solution you can get away with out checking PH constantly but you cannot maximize your potential. In my opinion, if you are going DWC, PH test strips aren't even close to accurate enough. I would grab a PH test kit from the hydro shop, or at least a nice PH meter with replaceable heads because they go dead relatively quickly.