PDA

View Full Version : natural light growing

Unregistered
04-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Hey everyone!... I have a doubt about the combination of natural with artificial light. Can i join them and boost my system? Will the difference be insignificant? The situation is, i'm about to start my indoor aquaponic system on a place with great natural light and ventilation however it may not be enough light (and if that is the case will i gain more with LED or HID?). The artificial light will also solve my temperature problem adjusting the temperature one or two degrees higher... thx

Growtasim
05-25-2010, 09:00 PM
The more light the better. I would definitely recommend at this stage of the game going LED over HPS. Combined with natural sunlight it would make for an environmentally friendly, as well as potent, choice.

David.L
05-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Artifical lighting being used to supplement natural lighting is a very common practice in commercial greenhouses. it's an extremely effective way to, one, give your plants the sun's immense light spectrum and strength and at the same time maintain your light cycles with the artifical supplemental lights. i would strongly recommend sticking with traditional HPS lighting for your supplemental lighting, however, as my personal results with LEDs have been less than impressive.

bwhite3
07-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Its not a bad idea! The suns rays are the best after all. I would recommend matching your light timer on the grow light to the suns daylight hours. I suppose this could be a little tricky. Just dont confuse your plants!

davzotl
07-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Many of these isssues were adddressed in my response to "Lighting Recommedation" below. I strongly urge all to do their research and obtain and compare the benefits of Induction Lighting over other light sources. Good luck and take care, DAVE