PDA

View Full Version : sssss

nittinchabbra
07-10-2010, 12:33 PM
I, like Steve, am very excited about the potential of LED based growing. This technology, once matured, has the potential to decimate the cost and environmental impact of growing plants with artificial light. Combine that with high efficiency aeroponics and modern hydroponics techniques, as well as emerging solar and energy storage technologies, and all sorts of amazing things become possible. Not the least of which are combatting hunger and starvation across the world, and reducing our need to consume fossil fuels.

stella
07-18-2010, 11:17 AM
But.... the technology is not quite there yet. Currently, LEDs are not effective substitutes for HID lighting. We'll just have to wait, I guess...

davzotl
07-25-2010, 10:14 PM
I am amazed at the number or growers who know little to nothing at all regarding Induction Lighting, or are willing to dismiss this highly efficiency source of lighting . Please see my response below to "Lighting Recommendation" posted July 13. Better yet, do your research. Induction Lighting is superior, cost effective, and excellent source of supplemental lighting. It is, above all else, cost effective and will address heating issues created by HPS and LED lighting sources. Good luck in your research. Take care, DAVE

willard3
07-31-2010, 06:54 AM
Induction lamps operate at 80-100 lumens/watt.
The best fluorescent lamps operate at 100 lumens/watt.
The worst HID lamps operate at 125-150 lumens/watt.
LED lamps operate at 100-120 lumens/watt.