PDA

View Full Version : Greenhouse Lighting Help

rhizomeup
08-23-2010, 05:21 PM
I have finally got into a position to start an indoor growing operation for vegetables and am stuck dead on what to purchase for lighting within the greenhouse i will use. The greenhouse is the following 85'L x 25'W x 15'H. I am looking to bring in fifteen thousand watts of metal halide lighting or more into the greenhouse. Obviously using 1000w bulbs throughout. Each light will hang over a 10'x5' table. Here i am stuck on what reflectors to use? I need the light to be very even over this table area, so i am looking for the largest open reflectors at the best bulk price.(quantity 15) Are there any commercial setups available? ( i assume there is, so any nudge in the right direction would be great! )

I am also wondering about whether using higher quality bulbs ie: hortilux etc. is actually worth it in my case?

1conntaxman
09-08-2010, 09:17 PM
what are you planting? thats a pretty large building.Do you think that it will pay off?The only thing that will make you money for all that would be pot. lol.atleast you get to laugh while spending all that money., hee hee
good luck.
This fourm dosen't have any pictures of people that are doing anything.Or showing what they have done. oh well.

Sunlight Supply
09-20-2010, 12:32 PM
You should actually consider a smaller reflector designed for supplementing the natural light that will come from the sun. We here at Sunlight Supply do thousands of lights for greenhouses per year and one thing is common with all request, use small reflector designed to throw a more intense patter at higher hanging heights. The large/wide reflectors are designed to throw the widest pattern for upclose growing. usually indoor without natural sunlight to assist. In a greenhouse you don't want a large reflector, which actually shades the natural light on plants. You also have more light coming out of smaller reflectors because the light has less distance inside the reflector to diminish before it is directed out of the hood. I recommend a hood like the Super Sun, or our commerical greenhouse reflector the Sun Star. Good luck.