PDA

View Full Version : UFO lamp the cause of curled up leaves?

sylvestris
09-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Hi!

I'm currently growing under a 90w UFO LED lamp. I've noticed that since i put my chili plant under the UFO the leaves has curled up. Could this be because of too intense light? I keep the UFO lamp aprox 10 cm above the plants.

Very grateful for answers!

brbubba
09-27-2010, 10:24 PM
What are the heat levels under that thing??? Also is the leaf damage localized to the top layer of leaves that receive the most light from the lamp?

sylvestris
09-27-2010, 11:48 PM
The heat emitted is almost non existing. I can barely feel it when i touch it. Yes the damage is in the top layer of the plant. The leaves are now much smaller and curlier than they use to be.

Unregistered
10-06-2010, 01:04 PM
What are you feeding it, ppms, age of the plant? By far not too intense of light from an LED, is the pH low. If feeding schedule is fine, do you think it is locked up. Can you drain or flush? Maybe put a cf in for better yield, change the filter in your ro, increase co2 levels, or the plant is sick with a pathogen?

sfgj
01-10-2011, 01:39 PM
sounds like you may want to back the ufo led lamp back a bit, maybe give it an additional 5cm and wait a week to see if you notice a difference, 10cm is pretty darn close, some leds will actually bleach leaves that close

alexis12345
02-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Had the same problem...and it depends on the plant and on what type of LED grow lights you're using. I've found that the LED panels bought from different manufacturers differ completely in terms of performance and light given. I haven't figured out a solution to my problem though...will try to move the lamps up a bit and see what happens.

hrbrendan
02-17-2011, 11:41 AM
I've had pepper plants under 90-watt LED lights since they were seeds without the issues you describe, however I've kept them probably twice as far away. They are even further now as requried by the heights of my surrounding plants. They are probably my healthiest looking plants in my whole system. I have one 1,000 watt MH light in my setup and one thing I did notice is a direct correlation between the proximity of the pepper plant to the MH light, with the ones closer growing much faster. You can see pics at my blog, blogponics.com

-Brendan

MrNiceGuy
02-20-2011, 07:19 PM
The UFO LED or any LED for that matter is not supposed to emit any heat at all. This is one of the advantages or disadvantages, whichever way you look at it, of the LED lights. Supposedly they can touch the plant and never burn it. I am hoping to purchase my own LED. Do you like yours?

HPE21
03-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Are you over feeding your plants? Are you over watering them? There are numerous causes of leaf curl on new growth, I don't think it is from the UFO. You are probably over feeding them or over watering them if you moved them from a stronger light. 90w UFO isn't even that intense of light unless your plants are so close they are touching it.

sutaohehe
03-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Keep feeding the plants.

brendonashmore
05-16-2011, 03:45 AM
The heat emitted by 90w UFo isnt that intense to harm the plants, as rightly said by many people above make sure you are feeding plants properly, and with proper mineral nutrient solution. As per the recent update the labels on information on the hydroponics products is not accurate which can prove to be major factor hampering the growth of the plants.
http://www.ktnv.com/story/14622286/advanced-nutrients-hydroponics-experts-reveal-government-regulation-of-hydroponics-industry?clienttype=printable