PDA

View Full Version : mini hydro hut

organicguy
11-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Have a few questions regarding mini hut. I have a cool sun 6" reflector and a 6 "vortex fan w/carbon filter. Total weight approximately 65lbs. Is ceiling grid strong enough to support this much weight? 2nd quetion am I right in assuming from pic on site that intake is 4" as is the exhaust? Have found 4" circular darkroom louvres on amazon. How do you think these would work as opposed to an 'S' type light trap. If they work ,would plan on cutting 2nd intake to increase airflow. Do you see any problem with that other than voiding any warranties? I realize I would need a 6" to 4' converter for exhaust. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Organicguy

dhill
11-07-2006, 11:43 AM
I have suspended 55 lbs (reflector, fan and carbon filter) from a Hydrohut Mini without any problems or without any signs of collapse. We have also suspended two Cool Sun Reflectors, a 6" fan and carbon filter (Goblin) and two Lumatek Digital 600w ballasts from the Hydrohut Deluxe without any problems (about 110lb). The Deluxe, Original and the Mini all use the same thickness poles.

bgreen
11-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Hi
I was wondering if anybody knows what kind of exhaust and intake fans i need for my hydro hut mini?,what else i need to get the fan system up and running?and can i get the stuff at bgh?
thanks
Bgreen

dhill
11-15-2006, 04:26 PM
The best suited fan that you require for the Hydrohut Mini is the Vortex 4" (http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/Itemdesc.asp?ic=AEFV04&eq=&Tp=) fan. This fan will sit nicely on the braces provided by the Hydrohut Mini. You will also need some 4" ducting (http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/Itemdesc.asp?ic=AFADA04X25&eq=&Tp=)in order to attach it to the exhaust vent and to your light (if it is air cool-able). All these items are available at BGH, just click on the highlighted product and it will take you to the correct page.

bgreen
03-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi I was wondering if the flaps on the bottom of the three walls inside my hydrohut mini are light proof or should i tape them so no light gets in ...thanks