PDA

View Full Version : Goblin + Vortex + dust ?

Unregistered
12-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi,

I've recently purchased a Goblin to go with my Vortex .

As I'll be pulling air through the goblin into the fan , through the coolbreeze and out of the cab, I'm worried about all the black dust that's coming out of the Goblin.

Do I have to install some sort of filter between the Goblin and the fan to prevent the carbon dust from coating the inside of the fan and sticking to the blub ?

Who'd of thought I'd have to filter the filter ?

Thanks

David G.
12-25-2006, 12:23 AM
It's normal for some black dust (carbon powder) to blow out of the filter when you first turn the fan on. I recommend taking it outside if possible and turning on the fan for a minute to blow out all the powder that has formed during shipping. After the first minute or so you shouldn't see any more dust unless you move the filter around or upset the carbon in any way.

Unregistered
12-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the speedy reply.

I took a furnace filter and placed it between the Goblin and the fan . I then ran the fan while moving the furnace filter to fresh spots until it ran clean. Ie. The nice white furnace filter was still white.

I'm thinking of installing the furance filter as a part of normal operation, as the cab will be indoors and I can't tolerate any excess dust. ( Asthama)

Thanks