PDA

View Full Version : Outfitting a Hydrohut mini

Peacefrog-Unregistered
01-02-2007, 12:27 PM
A quick question, how much would it cost to outfit a hydrohut mini (including the mini itself) to be able to grow 4-6 plants. Lighting, hydro setup, fans and scrubber? Are the directions pretty straight forward with regards to setup for an extreme novice such as myself? Any help would be most appreciated.

dhill
01-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Basically here is what you will need:

1) Hydrohut Mini - $169.95
2) 400w Large Horizontal Air Coolable, Switchable Lighting System with MH and HPS, chain and timer - $309.55
3) Dayton 265 with adapters for 4" Ducting - $94.85
4) Elf Carbon Filter - $49.95
5) 4" Ducting - $9.95
6) 3' x 3' Ebb and Flow System with 30 gal reservoir (A.H), pump and fittings plus timer - $187.80
7) Nutrients (Canna Aqua) - $51.80
8) Rockwool medium (6"x6") - $17.10
9) pH and TDS meter, calibration solution and ph down - $183.80

Total Setup Cost (excl. Tax and Shipping) - $1075.15

This will give you a decent 3'x3' setup for the Mini.

Peacefrog-Unregistered
01-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Are there any Canadian distributers for the Hydrohut mini?

Unregistered
01-04-2007, 04:53 AM
i have a hydro hut mini and i love it! it didn't quite take 20 minutes to set up but it was easy enough. Maybe about 40 minutes. i think it's great, and would recommend getting one if you don't have any other options like me. It's good quality, the poles that hold it together are metal and the canvas and zippers are heavy duty and all the holes are already there for venting, and extension cords, etc.

Peacefrog-Unregistered
01-06-2007, 12:20 PM
i have a hydro hut mini and i love it! it didn't quite take 20 minutes to set up but it was easy enough. Maybe about 40 minutes. i think it's great, and would recommend getting one if you don't have any other options like me. It's good quality, the poles that hold it together are metal and the canvas and zippers are heavy duty and all the holes are already there for venting, and extension cords, etc.

What did you outfit it with and what was the cost? Are you located in Canada?

Unregistered
01-09-2007, 08:25 AM
I have the mini hut which cost about $190; 180 cfm fan w/cann filter $150; 8 - 2ft. T-5 lights (4 blue bulbs & 4 red bulbs) $260. Then I have some minor tools like humidity/temp thermometer & truncheon & chains. I have 6 DWC (passive) buckets in there. Given the T5 lights run cooler I don't have to adjust my temps at all. I do have a small regular fan to add some air circulation but my temps run 70-73 totally sealed up and I also have a small humidifier. My humidity runs about 48-52% (as they grow the hum. rose but at the start it was at about 39%). The humidifier adds about 4-5%. I have the cfm fan venting out of the top of the hut and since I can't have it go outside, I have it venting to an indoor lint trap that i bought at home depot for $12 and I added carbon filters to that which cost $10 at home depot. It cuts down on the smell of the air venting outside the hut. I find that if I keep the hut open just a little teeny bit it seems to smell less than when it is completely closed up not sure to do later when it gets worse, this is my first time with the hut. I do not live in Canada. All the buckets I got at home depot for a couple bucks each. Also purchased the hydroton, net pots w/lids, I have two air pumps (for 60 gallon tanks), each air pump gives air to 3 buckets with 1 inch air stones in them (air pumps $19 each petsmart & airstones are less than $1). The costs for the buckets are minimal perhaps $6 each bucket including hydroton & net pots. I originally wanted 8 buckets but because the CFM/carbon scrubber takes up room on the right side of the hut I only felt i could get 6 good tubs in there for now plus it easier to move about with only 6 buckets. I use techniflora BC nutes (approx $35) and rainwater. I hope that I answered your questions if you have any more questions please let me know

Peacefrog-Unregistered
01-17-2007, 11:50 AM
I have the mini hut which cost about $190; 180 cfm fan w/cann filter $150; 8 - 2ft. T-5 lights (4 blue bulbs & 4 red bulbs) $260. Then I have some minor tools like humidity/temp thermometer & truncheon & chains. I have 6 DWC (passive) buckets in there. Given the T5 lights run cooler I don't have to adjust my temps at all. I do have a small regular fan to add some air circulation but my temps run 70-73 totally sealed up and I also have a small humidifier. My humidity runs about 48-52% (as they grow the hum. rose but at the start it was at about 39%). The humidifier adds about 4-5%. I have the cfm fan venting out of the top of the hut and since I can't have it go outside, I have it venting to an indoor lint trap that i bought at home depot for $12 and I added carbon filters to that which cost $10 at home depot. It cuts down on the smell of the air venting outside the hut. I find that if I keep the hut open just a little teeny bit it seems to smell less than when it is completely closed up not sure to do later when it gets worse, this is my first time with the hut. I do not live in Canada. All the buckets I got at home depot for a couple bucks each. Also purchased the hydroton, net pots w/lids, I have two air pumps (for 60 gallon tanks), each air pump gives air to 3 buckets with 1 inch air stones in them (air pumps $19 each petsmart & airstones are less than $1). The costs for the buckets are minimal perhaps $6 each bucket including hydroton & net pots. I originally wanted 8 buckets but because the CFM/carbon scrubber takes up room on the right side of the hut I only felt i could get 6 good tubs in there for now plus it easier to move about with only 6 buckets. I use techniflora BC nutes (approx $35) and rainwater. I hope that I answered your questions if you have any more questions please let me know

Just how safe are these tents? I'm scared to death of starting a fire.

katythedog
03-07-2007, 07:10 AM
well i haven't started a fire yet but i have T5 lights which are fairly cool. I want to look into an air coolable light perhaps a 250 or 400 w hps/mh

Unregistered
03-15-2007, 12:39 AM
how flame resistent are hydro huts are the materials class a, b, c, what? or are they like panda film and mylar, which are practically solid gasoline.