PDA

View Full Version : Adding nutriets

greski
02-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Hello. I am obviously a noob, and I am sorry if this is a repeat question.
I am growing tomatoes using DWC. Right now they are in the vegetative stage. For my nutrients I am using the Flora series.
Should I be adding nutrients as the TDS goes down? The plants are showing very obvious signs of growth, I'm just not sure how to dictate when to add more nutrient and when or how often I should be changing out the water (I am using RO water).
Any feedback is much appreciated!
Thanx in advance!

Greg

safwat
02-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Hello. I am obviously a noob, and I am sorry if this is a repeat question.
I am growing tomatoes using DWC. Right now they are in the vegetative stage. For my nutrients I am using the Flora series.
Should I be adding nutrients as the TDS goes down? The plants are showing very obvious signs of growth, I'm just not sure how to dictate when to add more nutrient and when or how often I should be changing out the water (I am using RO water).
Any feedback is much appreciated!
Thanx in advance!

Greg

Hi Greg:
The idea is to keep TDS constant in the nutes. The more accurate to monitor the tank is to measure the EC reading from day today, you should top up the tank with water to compensate any water evaporation and to prevent concentration of nutrients. I would change the res. tank every 10 days with brand new adjusted nutes for PH and EC.
You mentioned that the TDS is going down and this is due to plant absorption of nutrients in its growth phase. If it is out of TDS range, you should add more nutrients.

greski
02-13-2007, 06:35 PM
You mentioned that the TDS is going down and this is due to plant absorption of nutrients in its growth phase. If it is out of TDS range, you should add more nutrients.
Thanks a lot for the reply!

When adding more nutrients to the water that already contains nutrients, should I still follow the order of adding the Micro first followed by the Gro and Bloom? I assume that I would, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks again for the help.

Unregistered
02-14-2007, 09:20 AM
I often keep a jug of nutrients mixed up and when the EC or CF reads low I add from the slightly stronger nutrients in the premixed jug. Otherwise I just add water.

Green1
03-17-2007, 10:54 AM
As stated above. Fill fresh solution. for the next 7-10 days add ph5.8 water to top off bucket as water and nutrient uptake cause solution level to drop.

Once you have topped off 100% of original rez. volume, change out with refresh nutrients. Goodluck