PDA

View Full Version : Hydrohut Mini Lighting Questions

katythedog
03-07-2007, 07:29 AM
I have a hydro hut mini. I would like to add a HID light (currently have T5's). My question is would a 250w (or 400w) MH/HPS without cooling be too hot for the hut...or do I need to get the 400w and cool it. I already have a fan and carbon scrubber venting out and I really don't want to have to put another fan in there to cool the light, if I don't have to, because of where the hut is positioned I don't have any more holes to vent out. I have 4-6 plants and they they only grow about 3 ft tall. I appreciate your help. I am really worried about the hut getting too hot and having my reservoir temperatures get too hot since they are currently between 70-72.

PuttPutt
03-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Kathy, yea you need to get your res temp down in the 60's over 75 is no good. I also have a mini and the aircooled light would be best, you would be amazed at the difference in an aircooled light with glass. I run a 600watt coolsun with a dig balast cooled with a 4" vortex. that gives me 66.66 wps. The 250 would be to small. I would atleast get the 400, if it isnt aircooled i think you will have problems. Hope the helps and let me know how its going. Putt