PDA

View Full Version : Why Buy a Lumatek Ballast?

Unregistered
03-30-2007, 09:43 AM
I want to know why anyone would buy a ballast that is more expensive than other ballast like it, plus, you have to buy a seperate cord wire it yourself , it does not work properly with anything other than a plain bulb, if you try others it voids warranty...Well, almost everything short of turning the damn thing on voids the warranty and if it does not work you have to have to jump through several hoops and pay for each hoop jump and then if your lucky you will get a replacement when and only when you get it, but if you want to speed up your replacement so that your plants do not die if they are not dead yet, then you must pay again...

Why,

Would anyone buy a Lumatek Ballast?

Furthermore, why does BGH even carry these things?

I really would like to hear a real opinion as to why or what makes this brand so good one would take the risk to buy one? There are many other digital ballast on the market to choose from?

Unregistered
04-17-2007, 04:45 PM
you are talkin about the old lumateks the new ons rock and work with all bulbs wrrantee is easy its with hydrofarm

Unregistered
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
I measured my voltage over a 12 hour period today. High was 241 and low was 198 V.
(I'm in Thailand).
Can a Lumatek or any EB handle this variance or am I asking for trouble?

Unregistered
11-15-2007, 06:57 PM
check out advance's dynavision good for 200-277 volts.

willard3
11-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Digital stuff, ballasts included, don't operate with greater than about 5% voltage variation. At what voltage is the ballast rated?