PDA

View Full Version : New Wave T5 System - 2', 8 Bulb vs. 270 HPS Super Agro Bulb

herosshima
04-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Which is better for a 2x3x5 closet? Heat is an issue.

Unregistered
04-22-2007, 06:24 AM
its a toss up, but i would go with the hps. you get more light for your money and you can use any of the aircooled reflectors to take the heat out of the closet. if your looking for a light that wont heat up your closet you wont find one. a lot of people think that flourecents don't give off heat like hps but they are wrong. t-5s give off a lot of heat but it is spread out so it doesn't make the bulbs hot to the touch. the law of conservation of energy or something like that states that energy can't be created or destroyed which means if you put 100 watts of electricity into a t-5 or hps and only 25-35 watts of light comes out the rest of the hundred watts has to be converted into something and that something is heat. you are going to have to cool your closet somehow so i would go with the hps becuase its more light for the dollar and bghydro sells a lot more stuff desingned to deal with the heat from hps and mh.

Unregistered
04-23-2007, 05:35 PM
yeah man i have a T-5 and love it for vegging ONLY....... i would only use a HPS light for flowering.........and you said you had a heat prob so i would stick to the T-5 but like i said you need something more like a HPS......... the T-5 does have heat also but way less then any other light i have used!!!!

Unregistered
10-28-2007, 10:47 AM
I use dbautisun w/T5 to gain maximum benefit

rtslush
06-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Buy two of the 4 bulbs and spread them out evenly (with a gap of about 5") in your small space because you want to get all youcan out of it i would recomend the allumin ones to reduce wieght and heat.they are open design allowing heat to rise off the top of the bulb versus the bottom then to the sides then to the top. And As for heat they should not be an issue for such a space. if they are a simple fix is to crack the door. which i assure you wil be more that accurate.