PDA

View Full Version : Supercloset "Back2Back"

NightFox
09-15-2007, 02:15 AM
Has anyone used this unit? If so please let me know what you think of it!

Sod Buster
11-06-2007, 02:19 AM
I haven't used the "Back to Back" but I do own the "Deluxe" cabinet and to tell the truth I wish I had just built my own. For the money spent I believe I could have built a much bigger and better cabinet.

The problems I am having is the cabinet runs very hot, the fans that were included aren't near large enough to handle the heat produced by the 600W light. I am going to have to replace the in-line fan for cooling the reflector and the exhaust fan will also have to be replaced with something larger. Currently the cabinet runs about 98 degrees day and night. I was running the light 24/7 but I backed it down to 18 hours a day so that I could get some cooling time.

Hope this helps a little with your decision of buying.

Unregistered
11-07-2007, 03:56 PM
I purchased the Back to Back model with 600w hps. It runs cool inside but i do have it in an air conditioned room. All in all its a good system for a beginner. I don't regret buying it because it helped me learn my first few grows and i still use it to veg clones/mothers when i'm out of space.

However, i can't recommend it because of the price. At nearly $4k shipped it's just a rip-off. With a little research you can build a better system for 1/3 of the price.

David G.
12-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Most (if not all) of these preconstructed turnkey growing chambers are very expensive, especially the ones that actually work decently. You can save a lot of money by purchasing a grow tent, such as the Dark Room, and outfitting it with all of the equipment yourself. Not only is this much less expensive, it also gives you the flexibility to choose the lights, fans, nutrients, etc. that YOU want, instead of what the manufacturer wants (or, in some cases, makes the highest profit margin on). While it may seem like a daunting task to outfit a grow room yourself, it's actually not that difficult if you start out with a grow tent like the Dark Room. BGH plans to offer complete kits in the near future, but in the meantime feel free to contact us if you need help putting one together and we'll be happy to make recommendations.