PDA

View Full Version : 1000 watt in a hydrohut original

SouthernIllinoisBonsai
12-21-2007, 04:51 AM
has anyone ever used a 1000 watt air cooled light inside of a 4x4 hydrohut? i dont want to have to get a 600 watt to use a hydrohut. I would really like to use co2 and im worried about heat build up as the air i would introduce would be a small amount from a window ac.

i would just like to know if anyone here has used this combo (1000 watt inside hydrohut original) with co2 (little or no air exchange) also has anyone ever used pure ac air to cool their lights? is it too cold for a bulb? kinda like when you if you drop a really hot pan in cool water? any input would be great. thanks

-Ricky from southern illinois bonsai

SouthernIllinoisBonsai
12-25-2007, 07:20 PM
I will be running a 4x4 botanicare flood table underneith a 1000 watt hortilux blue forced air cooled daystar reflector. I believe this to be my idea setup, temp will be constantly monitored and adjusted with window a/c. Carbon dioxide injected ideally into a tentive hydrohut via a cylinder. Air filitration from an odorsok. And i will run dehimidifers mostly at night to control mold. All atmosphere controls will be logged, recorded, controlled and monitored directly onto my laptop from a Agrowtek controller. Im planning on using this rig to perform very detailed research on various plants uncoventional to hydroponics. although the first crop will be a celerbrity tomato hybrid. I would love to post pictures as soon as it comes together. I think my gear choices are going to work very well together.

_ricky from southern illinois bonsai

SouthernIllinoisBonsai
01-06-2008, 03:20 AM
I changed my design last minute to liquidlumens inside of a 8' radiant. with 2 endsockets inside one reflector running 2 thousand watt hortilux blues.

Water cooled and air inside the 4' duct where the bulb is housed.

4x4 botanicare tray on the ground odor sock in the air, co2 ferilzation from a tank to save on heat. air conditioned from a small window unit.

this rig should hold about 78 degrees and 1450ppm co2 pretty decent. i dont believe it i have to see it for myself.

best of luck this year greenhouse growers stands to be a exciting and profitable year for everyone.

Ricky from SOILLBONSAI

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/sonorgeek_photos/XXX/index1.jpg

Unregistered
02-21-2008, 06:00 PM
I will be running a 4x4 botanicare flood table underneith a 1000 watt hortilux blue forced air cooled daystar reflector. I believe this to be my idea setup, temp will be constantly monitored and adjusted with window a/c. Carbon dioxide injected ideally into a tentive hydrohut via a cylinder. Air filitration from an odorsok. And i will run dehimidifers mostly at night to control mold. All atmosphere controls will be logged, recorded, controlled and monitored directly onto my laptop from a Agrowtek controller. Im planning on using this rig to perform very detailed research on various plants uncoventional to hydroponics. although the first crop will be a celerbrity tomato hybrid. I would love to post pictures as soon as it comes together. I think my gear choices are going to work very well together.

_ricky from southern illinois bonsai

i think you'll have serious problems with co2 and little or no air exchange... it's virtually impossible to use co2 inside these huts since they need to be vented 24/7... your plants will zebra and yellow from the heat plus they will exhaus the air quickly and will be breathing stale air unless you inject air and exhaust it all the time...

gehydroponics.com
02-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Yep, transpiration will cause your air to increase in humidity, so you need to vent it often in a small closed space. Otherwise the plants can't breathe properly and growth will stunt. I'd recommend one of two things...
1. with a 1000 watt Blue, air cool it with 8 inch ducting. 1000 sounds like a lot to me though so...
2. Two 400 watt Blues kept closer to the canopy, air cooled with 6 inch ducting. The 400's are GREAT, especially on digital ballasts or a solid analog.

If you have a small window a/c unit, just cool the room your in and circulate the air through the lights and through the hut separately. If there's central a/c too then that will help circulate air through the rest of the building or house. If it's your bedroom, then you'll be hanging out with your plants, giving them extra CO2. My favorite method of CO2 injection is to just hang out with my plants. Hey, this is a hobby I enjoy right? But I guess we all have to work real jobs. If it's an isolated room, dose the hut once or twice a day and let it recirculate in the room when the vent fans come on. That's the easiest way I can think of. You can't get too scientific without a completely controlled scientific environment. So to get it perfect would require a lot of money and space in other words!

Happy growing!