PDA

View Full Version : Dark Room

mike22086
01-07-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm pretty new and thinking of getting a dark room 150 (4.9ft x 4.9ft x 6.5ft). The problem i have is i can't find any accessories that go along with it. For example, the exhaust fan holes are 5" but all the fans i can find are either 4", 6" or 8". Another concern i have is the cfm rating, it seems the proper fan would be something between 400cfm to 800cfm for that grow area. So i thought about a vortex 8" which is rated at 747cfm. How would that fit in the ducting? Also, as for the carbon filter, how would I know what to choose if nothing fits the fan? I'm also worried about negative pressure, will that fan be too strong? And what about speed controllers? Will that fix that problem?

I'd rather oversize the fan than undersize it, if i need less ill just lower the speed with the controller right?

Thank you for your time and patience. I know its all jumbled up but thats how my mind is too with all the information available.

Thank you

David G.
01-12-2008, 09:32 PM
The intake/exhaust port diameter was incorrectly stated in our product descriptions; this has now been fixed. The actual size of the ports is 6.7" in diameter; the ports also adjust to fit smaller-sized ducting and equipment, so a 6" blower will work just fine.

As far as the other equipment needed to outfit a Dark Room, we plan to post complete kits on our website in the Grow Rooms category shortly. I'm hoping to have at least one of them up this weekend. If you don't see it up there in the next 24 hours, or if doesn't meet your requirements, please send me and email or reply to this post and I'll help you out further.

lioni75
03-19-2008, 04:21 PM
i just received my dr120 on saturday after setting it up which took me no lie about 10mins very nice tent i might add but i have friggin light leaks along my zippers and i can see specs of light everywhere whats up with that the description online states that it is 100% lightproof along with the zippers. WHY

David G.
03-23-2008, 09:39 PM
We've had reports from a few customers regarding pinholes of light from the zippers and/or the seams. While it's not enough light to affect the photoperiod, we expressed our concerns to the manufacturer and they have taken steps to rememdy the problem. Not only have the zippers been improved, they have also switched to double stitching on all seams, so the problems have been resolved. The new DR's should arrive in less than two weeks. Please send me a private message with your account name or number and I'll make sure we send you out a replacement canopy as soon as they arrive. You can also send an email to [email protected] instead if you wish.