PDA

View Full Version : Lumatek 120V 400w digital ballast - can it light a CMH bulb

Unregistered
01-09-2008, 06:39 PM
I was wondering if anybody tried a Phlips MasterColor Ceramic Metal Halide ~ CMH ~ HPS-Retro White type bulb yet. I heard that in general digital ballasts can't light this bulb, because the strike is not big enough. Please let me know if anyone tried this bulb and ballast together? thanks.

dr. green

Sunlight Supply
02-20-2008, 04:28 PM
I've heard from several customers that this lamp has been burning out on Eballasts. So we test 3, and 2 out of the 3 did burn out during testing. I'd advise agaist using them on any eballasts right now.

Unregistered
08-14-2008, 05:19 PM
NO NO NO...ok is that clear. Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH) do not work on [most] digital ballasts. .

I included the most because there is a GE ballast that they do work on but its very expensive (its about the frequencies or hertz the bulb can handle and unless the digital is designed for CMH it wont work) and since this is the internet someone will pop up and say oh yes there is if I don't include this disclaimer...

BUT Get you self a standard HPS ballast (S51) and see how great the master color bulbs are...you will be amazed. CMH ROCKS!!!!! Once you have seen the light you wont go back

Seren
09-23-2008, 10:38 PM
What about Lumatek digital ballasts and the Ceramic Metal Halide?