PDA

View Full Version : Dark Room VS. Hydrohut

Unregistered
01-12-2008, 08:14 AM
This is a two part question....

1) What is a better product. The Hydrohut or the DarkRoom (not street version) with regards to build quality?

2) Do the Dark Room socks accomodate six inch ducting and a vortex inline fan.

Thank you.

David G.
01-12-2008, 10:17 PM
1. This is a difficult question for us to answer. One, becuase the answer is kind of objective; different people may have different answers depending on what they consider quality. Two, because the Hydrohut people are good freinds of ours and we don't want to say anything negative about the fine product they manufacture! Both tents are very well constucted compared to the other brands currently on the market. If there is a specific facet of either tent you would like compared I could probably give you some insight.

2. The DR120 & DR150 both accept ducting and fans 6.69" and smaller. One cool thing about the Dark Room is that you can simply place your 6" or 4" Vortex fan right on the roof in the dual-sock port - no strapping or clamps necessary. You can then attach ducting to either side if you wish to attach a carbon filter or air-cool your lights.

Unregistered
01-19-2008, 02:44 AM
David,
Do you know anything about the hydrohut killing plants? Hydrohut admits there are problems and has been replancing peoples huts, but they refuse to say what is killing the plants. Rumors are is some kind of gas coming off the viniyl when it gets to hot.

type hydrohut killing plants in google for more info

Unregistered
01-19-2008, 02:45 AM
David,
Do you know anything about the hydrohut killing plants? Hydrohut admits there are problems and has been replancing peoples huts, but they refuse to say what is killing the plants. Rumors are is some kind of gas coming off the viniyl when it gets to hot.

Unregistered
02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
David,

by the way, also Hydrofarm Habitat (which is an exact copy of HydroHuts except some extra vents & window) are killing plants. I owned one and killed everything I put in it. 24/7 ventilation and filtration is key for your plants to make it in this plastic grow rooms... most people in europe seem to prefer the dark room secret jardin and if they had a 2X4 unit i would buy one immediately... right now i'm testing one of those 'processed' hydro huts -a 2X4 unit- to see if it does the same. So far 4 days and no signs of stress yet, but i'll continue posting about the progress

David G.
03-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Yes, the makers of both the Hydrohut and the Habitat have released announcements regarding toxicity issues. Hydrohut sent out an announcement stating that they have found a fix for the problem, but we have suspended selling these units until we are certain that the tents are safe. To be honest, the feedback from the Dark Room has been so overwhelmingly positive that I'm not sure we will pick the Hydrohut up again unless enough customers ask for it, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

I heard that Hydrofarm went so far as to pull their Habitat off the market completely (BGH has never sold the Habitat so I can't say for sure; I personally heard that they have pulled them from the market from the owner of another retail grow shop).

BTW, we have several new sizes of Dark Rooms coming, including a 2' x 4' model. The first of the new sizes are slated to arrive in approximately 3 weeks.

closethack
03-19-2008, 11:00 AM

BTW, we have several new sizes of Dark Rooms coming, including a 2' x 4' model. The first of the new sizes are slated to arrive in approximately 3 weeks.........................iS THAT WHEN orders made on sizes like the 4,9x4,9 that are out of stock will be shipped out im hoping......on pending orders? .................puta smile on my face DAv.................:)

You got my yen ............Im hoping Your fresh stock lands soon................aloha:cool:

David G.
03-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Yes, the shipment is scheduled to arrive in CA within a week; we hope to have them a few days later. The shipment will contain the DR150's that are on backorder, more stock on all other existing sizes, and the new sizes as well. Hang in there, they'll be here soon...

Unregistered
03-24-2008, 02:47 AM
What's the price going to be on the DR300w? I'm going to order one the minute you get them in. Are they coming in this shipment?

David G.
03-28-2008, 12:03 AM
They are coming on the next shipment; we're expecting to receive them sometime next week. I don't have the exact price yet, but I believe the DR300w will be priced in the low $600's. We should have all the upcoming models posted on our website by the beginning of next week.

Unregistered
04-01-2008, 03:19 PM
BTW, we have several new sizes of Dark Rooms coming, including a 2' x 4' model. The first of the new sizes are slated to arrive in approximately 3 weeks.

Any updates on 2' x 4' Darkroom availability?

David G.
04-04-2008, 12:18 AM
We just received our shipment today; all backorders will start shipping out tomorrow. We received a few new models; check out the Grow Rooms category on our website for more info. I don't think the descriptions/specs have been posted yet, but at least you can check out the sizes and pricing.

David G.
04-04-2008, 12:26 AM
The DR150w (approximately 4'11" x 2'7") are expected to arrive by the end of the month.

Unregistered
10-09-2008, 07:05 PM
David,

this is not only hydrohuts
many of them had this problem it has to do with heat causing off gassing.
sadly some shops continue to push units they know are bad.

Unregistered
12-16-2009, 08:25 PM
David,

they used to.then u would send em back in and they would fix tha problem.tha problem was the lining they used in the original ones.wen the light hit it for a perod of time it would make a gas that would kill tha plants
they changed it on the new ones

John M.
12-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Independent testing confirms that Homebox/Growlab end users need not fear about "off gassing."

http://www.everestgardensupply.com/downloads/GLReport.pdf