PDA

View Full Version : Humidity HELP

Unregistered
01-21-2008, 06:15 PM
I have a closet setup running 600 hps, vortex exhaust and cool outdoor forced intake, temps are good, plants look ok but I can't get above 20% humidity. I hung a wet towel in the room, a bucket of water with hydroton in it and a vicks compact humidifier. I think running the humidifier even toasted my eco pump so I want to be smart about what I do. Anyone have any good tips? I appreciate it.

Unregistered
03-05-2008, 11:35 PM
you have to let humidity stay in the room longer,you probably have your fans running 24/7.. i would put my fans on a timer and let the humidity build up..

GrowIT!
09-14-2009, 12:39 PM
I have a closet setup running 600 hps, vortex exhaust and cool outdoor forced intake, temps are good, plants look ok but I can't get above 20% humidity. I hung a wet towel in the room, a bucket of water with hydroton in it and a vicks compact humidifier. I think running the humidifier even toasted my eco pump so I want to be smart about what I do. Anyone have any good tips? I appreciate it.

I agree with the 1st responder. Let the humidity build up. No doubt all that follows is familiar to you...I use a Vortex 6"Fan plugged into a Variable speed controller to slow down (and quiet) the extraction of air through a 'Cool breeze' light hood. The Variable speed controller is plugged into a basic Temp/Humidity controller at the temp outlet. The controller temp limit being set @ 75f runs my fan for long stretches during 'lights on' keeping things cool. However, I can also slow down the extraction rate for those periods to find a better balance of humidity. In fact I've had to install a small 2 liter de-humidifier (plugged into the humidity outlet of the controller set @ 50%) for the times when it goes too high (usually really warm days or when I'm using the houses Swamp cooler or when plants get big and for sure it'll happen when you're out of town!)
Anyway personally I like it (humidty) around 30-40 %. Generally keeps the space and plants fungus & mildew free. Good house keeping and neeming clones going into the flowering space eliminates mite issues for the most part. Hope this helps! Happy Gardening! GrowIT!:D