PDA

View Full Version : cooling the darkroom: is 1 fan enough for the light and room itself?

Unregistered
04-07-2008, 04:22 PM
I was thinking about buying the d120 darkroom. The kit that you supply contains a single 4'' vortex fan, but I was wondering is that enough to cool the room and the light. I have the 400watt Super Sun 2 with 6'' cooling holes. My question is, do I need to purchase a separate fan with duct hoses to cool the light or can the supplied fan be used to cool the room and light. Also, do you supply instructions on how to set up the accessories: carbon filter, etc.
Thanxs.

Ps: how many tomato plants do you think you can comfortably fit into this sucker?

David G.
04-11-2008, 11:39 PM
The 4" Vortex is strong enough to exchange the air in the DR120 more than once per minute, so it is more than enough to cool both the light and the room itself; you do not need a second fan for intake.

We don't yet supply instructions on how to setup the accessories, but it's very simple to do and if you need any assistance you can always contact us and we'll help you out.

The number of plants really depends on how bushy they will get.

Unregistered
04-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks alot man, that was real helpful.

Unregistered
04-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks alot man, that was real helpful.