PDA

View Full Version : Identifying Old Model Dark Room vs New One

Unregistered
05-06-2008, 04:08 PM
I recently purchased a DR150, and I was wondering how I can identify if its a new model or an older model?

Thanks

Unregistered
06-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I recently purchased a DR150, and I was wondering how I can identify if its a new model or an older model?

Thanks

I also would love to know! I have a DR120 and see some slight pinholes of light around stitch points but I think I received the newer model as they were on B/O for a bit before I got mine late April/early May. I asked via email if I received the newer model, but never received a response. Is there some way to verify the old vs new?

Unregistered
06-10-2008, 08:37 PM
My order number for the Dr120 was 1038688*, and again- I never received a response when I asked if I had received the new vs old model. I am wondering now which one we did get since I do have pinhole light leaks.. Please advise.

Thanks

taco333
06-18-2008, 11:33 PM
well ill agree that when they said 100% light proof they might have went a little overboard... ive had my dr120 for a little over a month now and it does have pin hole light leaks but come on what do you expect. it is just fabric and zippers and with out really searching for them i cant tell if my light is on or not... i love this product and plan to buy more. guess what im gettin at is QUIT WITH ALL THE PIN HOLE BITCHIN !!!!:eek:

Unregistered
07-04-2008, 07:41 AM
well ill agree that when they said 100% light proof they might have went a little overboard... ive had my dr120 for a little over a month now and it does have pin hole light leaks but come on what do you expect. it is just fabric and zippers and with out really searching for them i cant tell if my light is on or not... i love this product and plan to buy more. guess what im gettin at is QUIT WITH ALL THE PIN HOLE BITCHIN !!!!:eek:

If we're paying our hard earned money, we hope to receive what is advertised. It says "100% light-proof!" so it better be that. The customers have every right to know.

canadian
09-13-2008, 09:24 PM
I have and old DR80 and a new DR120.

The zippers on the old 80 are just plain flat metal while the new 120 has the Secret Jardin logo molded into it.

The internal piece of material that is there to block light leaking out around the zippers is different also.
In the 80, it's a single piece of trim that is the same material as the tent itself. It is somewhat stiff and can allow plenty of light through if its not pressing onto the zipper just perfectly. In the 120 it is two separate pieces of a cloth like material that sort of sandwich together behind the zipper.
This works much better than the old way but its not 100% unless is completely flat all the way around.

As for pinholes around the stitching, the new one still has some but definitely a reduced amount. As long as your zippers and flaps are closed everything will be fine.:D

voltaire
10-04-2008, 03:28 PM
D

How did you outfit your dr120 and were you able to buy your tent in Canada?

voltaire64
10-04-2008, 03:33 PM

I'm considering buying the dr120, what type of equipment/lighting did you set yours up with? Did you buy it in canada and if so what place?