PDA

View Full Version : dr120 1000watt hps

taco333
05-26-2008, 09:36 PM
i just picked up a dr120 and im trying to figure out the best way to set up. i curretly have a 1000 watt hps and i would love to make use of it. guess my question is, will it be possible to keep the temps down with out running a second vent just for my light?.....has any one tryed this big of a light in one of these units yet :confused:

Unregistered
05-30-2008, 10:29 AM
From what I've been researching, you are going to have a hard time cooling that tent unless you run a water cool tube. The tent would need like a 600 cfm fan and those fans have like 8 or 10 inch fittings and a reducer would lower the volume I think. I plan on a 600 watt HPS for 1 of my tents (dont have them yet) and I'm still looking into a bigger fan then I have.

Unregistered
06-06-2008, 12:00 AM
you could it pull off with a 1kw in 3x3' but you'll need a vortex 6" fan i guess, and exhaust to the outside preferably.

MyUserName
09-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Its possible for sure; I would use a 6" vortex fan (440cfm). Sit the fan on top of the tent on the roof vent, attach that to 6" ducting, from there go to one side of your air cooled reflector. Then attach ducting to the opposite side of the reflector, run that ducting to one of the lower vent openings on your tent. You could leave it there and suck cool air from the outside, or you could run more ducting farther away from the tent to an outside source i.e. a window box (box that is attached to a slightly opened sliding window to provide cool air intake or exhaust). Even if you leave the intake ducting at the lower vent you will be pulling cool air because, remember hot air rises. This will pull cool air across your bulb and out the top of your tent, this way very little heat from the bulb will be accumulating in the tent.

If your planning on using a carbon filter too, just attach the carbon filter instead of running the ducting to the lower intake on the tent, it should still easily keep your tent cool.