PDA

View Full Version : Grow Cabinets

MikeJones
06-14-2006, 05:02 PM
I was wondering if there are any people out there running any bloombox's or some other "turn-key" type of grow setup. I was just curious as to how those were working out for people. They seem to be pretty cool, and I've always wanted to try one but it's a little impractical for me.

Unregistered
06-19-2006, 06:54 PM
They are awesome. Once you get a little experience with them they only need like 5 min a day. Check the nutrients, the water lever, and the ph and you are finished for the day. Production is great if you buy the right one every 8 weeks you have a new crop. They will pay for themselves in no time. Quiet and no smell either. The yield is out of this world too.

Unregistered
09-16-2006, 12:02 AM
definately my grow room is 4 feet tall and 2 square feet inside, i have one 250 watt hps lighting system with no special cooling systems but a fan and a AC cooler next to it, that is my flowering room...
my veg room is 2 feet tall my 2 sq. ft inside.
there are 2x 24" grolux fluros and 2 plant and aq. 18' fluros, in both boxes the heat always stays under 80 and around 75-77.both are white painted walls inside. they take up no space and no power at all, spent about 200 on all.. great investment.

Unregistered
09-18-2006, 06:37 AM
Hey guys, was just curious on the whole lighting thing and grow rooms. Any of you know what wattage of lights should be used for like up to 8 plants in a regular sized Hydro hut?

I was looking at those digital ballasts and was aiming to use the higher 750 watt digital, but was wondering if that is just overkill. I'm also looking at sticking a waterfarm in there, if the hut is big enough.. anyone know?

I'm sure even a 250 watt or 400 might be enough from what people talk about.. I even hear people using flourescents.. but I'm looking to get max results.. What do you guys think and any reviews on the water farm would be appreciated.

David G.
09-18-2006, 08:29 PM
If you're referring to the Hydrohut Original (4' x 4'), then I would recommend 400W if you're plants don't have a tendency to stretch, or better yet, a 600W if you want to get the best growth and yield. A 750W wouldn't be overkill (you can never have enough light when growing indoors), but you have to make sure you control the heat.

You should be able to fit at least 4 Waterfarms in the HH Original. If you're planning on growing one huge plant in the HH I would seriously consider growing a few shorter one's instead. Even with a 750W light you won't be able to penetrate all the way down the plant; you would have to setup side lighting. Growing 4 medium plants (or even 2 smaller plants) vs one giant plant in this situation would yield at least the same and you're less likely to run into problems by the time the plant is ready for harvest.

Unregistered
09-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Hi thanks for the reply. A few more questions.

On the Hydrohut original.. are the walls that reflective and if I'm growing plants that are 3-4 feet tall, is there any way to use light reflectivity to bypass that? Like using a different reflector and adding some sort of reflective material on the sides. I have some mother plant 3-4 ft starting to grow a baby one, I think its a tea tree, because it has long dark green ferns.

As for the Lumatek Digital ballasts.. for the 600- 750 watt ones.. Can they use both MH and HPS bulbs and are those just any bulbs or is there a specialized kind that they need?

David G.
09-21-2006, 02:26 PM
3-4' should be OK but I wouldn't go any taller than that. The walls are white, so they're pretty reflective.

The 600W will take 600 HPS and 600 MH Conversion bulbs. The 750W will only take 750 HPS bulbs. Read the individual ballast descriptions on our website before buying bulbs because there are some bulbs that aren't compatible.

Unregistered
09-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Maybe try vertical lighyting if you are trying to grow tall plants. Use no hood and just hand bulbs around plant.

Have seen excellent results using this method. Can grow huge trees :)

Unregistered
11-20-2006, 08:58 PM
They take up no space and no power at all, spent about 200 on all.. great investment.

Can you elaborate on which grow cabinet you only spent 200 on? As far as I know the Bloombox is upwards of 3 grand.

db805
01-12-2007, 06:37 AM
thought i would see what you guys thought about my proposed setup. I built a 36x24x60 enclosure that has framed glass on the sides with glass doors, a solid back and was originally used to house a reptile. IT has since died and the cabinet has been in storage for a number of years. I am planning on using an ebb and flow system with a 500 watt MH/HPS super spectrum fisture. I am wondering if I will need extra ventilation or anything else I am not thinking of. Any input you might have would be great. If you had this enclosure how would you outfit it? I'm just trying to prepare for any problems that might arise once I get started. Thanks, I look forward to hearing what you think.

Unregistered
02-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey all, if you want to buy a premade unit, the Bloombox is your best bet, I have not seen any others out there that will compare to the quality, and thier customer support is top notch. I have one and am definately happy with it (although I have beefed her up a lot, especially the hydro set up which is a tad lame), but I had the money to throw down. However, if you are much of a do it yourself type and have a descent working knowledge of grow room design, you can make a much nicer grow box and save some scratch. I built one for my father in law, that had a much higher degree of control of all environmental aspects (i.e temp, humidity, CO2 levels, etc.), was quieter, more light proof, and much more stealth for ~$1000 less than a bloombox. It took me about two days of working on building it, but the things blows my Bloombox away. Comes down to what you got more of; time money or skillz!!

buells1
10-23-2007, 11:05 AM
I just ordered a SuperCloset. Hope I did the right thing. I get paranoid when I think about it.

Irishghost
04-20-2008, 02:35 AM
The 2 guys who said they built their own box, can you give a breakdown on that? Maybe post a pdf of instructions and materials.

Unregistered
08-25-2008, 10:19 PM
I have a 56" tall, 36" wide, 16" deep cabinet, I'm thinking two chambers 36" wide by 28" tall. Lower chamber to have 4 lamp 36" T5 HO lighting, passive air intake, 4" 100cfm exhaust, no CO2 other than manually added. Upper chamber to have 2ea: 150watt hps and 2ea:2 lamp 24" T5 HO, same air exchange method as lower...whatta u guys think?