PDA

View Full Version : Please list by: type of system, what vegetable obtain optimum growth in what system?

bonneau pepper farm
06-18-2006, 11:22 PM
For instance...we know that 'DRIP' is the most widely used for tomato's peppers and cucumbers, but what about all the other type systems?

We know 'NFT' is generally used for lettuce, but what other veggies/herbs would work best in NFT set-ups?

Are their any vegetables/herbs that thrive in 'AERO' systems?

and, last but not least...do you recommend DWC for anything at all? I tend to find that most hydro stores recommend everything but DWC.

I am setting up minimicrofarm...and I have all the plumbing built for a small commercial herb/veggie greenhouse. At my disposal is a large 120 (potentially) site drip, that I fabricated.

also I have several dutch leach trays and would love to use them for herbs or something beneficial.

I have numerous pumps and all plumbing systems and manifolds can be adapted to drip, nft, aero, or recirculating DWC, (by design)

I am also interested in aquaponics to raise fish.

Any input on the subject will be highly appreciated... Thanks Roger BPFgardens

bonneau pepper farm
06-19-2006, 11:06 AM
I realize there is some mention of this subject in the growfaqs, but I thought perhaps, we could give all the members a more complete list. thanks, Roger

David G.
06-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Roger,

We just started remodelling our Pasadena store today so things are kind of hectic right now, but someone will post a response to your question shortly.

bonneau pepper farm
06-19-2006, 10:09 PM
David, thanks so much. I wish I could be there...
No hurry...I posted this as much for others as myself.

I figured it would really help your customers to have a better idea beforehand what their needs would be as far as a system or method, once they determine what they want to grow. Roger