PDA

View Full Version : DR150 question

paulioni
10-10-2008, 11:43 AM
hey with the dr150 where should i put my carbon filter? it comes with a 6"inline fan..Im going to A/c cool my lights so what will i need? a vortex inline fan? then i run the ducting out the other side? or can just leave it so all the fresh air hits the light first? and then seperatly have the carbon filter working and blowing out the tent?

MyUserName
10-17-2008, 03:55 PM
hey with the dr150 where should i put my carbon filter? it comes with a 6"inline fan..Im going to A/c cool my lights so what will i need? a vortex inline fan? then i run the ducting out the other side? or can just leave it so all the fresh air hits the light first? and then seperatly have the carbon filter working and blowing out the tent?

Any inline fan will work for air cooling the lights and the carbon filter. Vortex has the best warranty at 10 years, but they cost more. IMO they are worth the extra cost however.

So what you'll need is ducting, clamps, and the fan/filter. If you have just one fan then I would recommend putting the fan on top of the tent (Darkrooms have a vent for the vortex fan to sit on). Run ducting from the fan to the side of the reflector, go from the opposite side of the reflector to the carbon filter. So the air will flow through the filter, through the light, and out the roof through the fan. Depending on the weight/size of your filter you can suspend it from the roof cross members like in the Assembly Instructions which come with the Darkroom.

Also you can just put ducting from one side of the reflector to the exhaust fan, then go from the fan to the filter. This way air from the tent will be sucked through the reflector then forced out of the tent and out of the filter. Essentially it just depends on if you want to push or pull air through the filter.

Or if you have two fans you can hook ducting to A/C vent on one side of the tent into the light, then out the light to the other side of the tent. That way your fan is getting air from outside pulled across it thereby increasing the cooling (assuming your tent isn't in a hot room). Then just run ducting from the filter to the exhaust fan on the top of the tent. This is probably overkill unless your running something like 1000 watts or 2 600 watt systems in one tent.