PDA

View Full Version : starting a hydroponic wheatgrass system

profitpak
10-15-2008, 07:38 AM
I am interested in growing wheatgrass hydroponically in 10x 20 seed trays. i need help in designing a system so that I can grow 12 trays at a time but am limited to space. I have a 5 foot tall x 3 foot wide rack with shelves that can work for this but am not sure of how to go about it or which method is best to use.

musa
01-01-2009, 04:24 PM
I might be wrong but I believe wheat grass grown for extracting for juice is only grown with water.everything is in the seed. all you do is change the water every day. thats the way I have done.the health food freaks are really worried about nitrogen in their greens.there are a lot of studies to back this up.just get organic wheat seed and pour a thin layer in your pan.put enough water to cover all seeds. let it soak good say over nite. pour the water off. spread the seeds even. cover with a towel,they should start sprouting in a few days. remove towel when most seeds have sprouted.dont let the mat of roots dry out.you can give it a hair cut several times before seeds are exhausted.dont fertilize just throw out and start again.I guess if if you werent worried about nitrogen you could us a weak hydro fert. to get a few extra cuttings.