PDA

View Full Version : Plant density/sq ft

S_M_E
11-12-2008, 07:31 PM
I've done a number of nice outdoor grows and a few indoor grows (both soil and DWC (with mixed results)) but now I'd like to try to maximize yield. I'm not worried about my veg room, it'll produce more than enough clones and mothers for 2 flowering rooms.

I know a 1000w HPS will cover 16-20 sq feet well enough but how many plants can I stuff under one and not have them too crowded? Is fewer (bigger) plants that have vegged longer better than more (smaller) plants that have for vegged a shorter time? Using 5 gallon buckets as a guide I could put 16 in a little over 4x4 but I certainly couldn't veg very long with that density or they'd crowd each other by the end of flowering. I've heard suggestions of flowering 6 plants per 1000w using DWC but that seems a little low too.

TIA...

willard3
11-14-2008, 08:00 AM
What kind of plants are you growing?

Unregistered
11-15-2008, 09:35 PM
If want to grow the most potent ********* possible. My advice is that you give each plant one square ft. of space exactly. So nine plants will fit into a 3ft./3ft. square perfectly. To light this square of nine simply hang an air cooled 600w hps at least 6 inches from the tops of your plants, but no more than 12 inches away from the tops at any time. Now add CO2 to this equation and exhaust fan and oscilating fan with a simple open vent for intake, and you have yourself the best *** ever.