PDA

View Full Version : DR80 400W HPS cooling Question. HELP!

zombie1334
01-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Hi. I was thinking of buying a DR80, but I have a 400W HPS light with cool tube reflector, which has 6" flanges. I was wondering if there was a way to cool the light in the DR80, as I know it only has 2 5" vent ports at the top. Since it is thermal sealed, I'm sure it can get hot in there, espically with a 400W HPS light, so I want to cool that too. I also want to connect a carbon filter for exhaust as well, so is there anyway I can do this? Thanks.

David G.
01-17-2009, 03:32 PM
A 400W system in a DR80 can get definitely heat things up, especially if your source air (the air in the room that the DR is setup in) isn't cool and/or you are in a hot climate. But if the source air is a reasonable temp and you have a good centrifugal fan (Can, Vortext, etc.) then you should be ok. All you need is a 6" x 4" reducer, which can be found on our website. That way, you can connect 4" ducing to your cool tube and to your 4" fan. Alternatively, you can use a 6" fan with 6" ducting; you will just need to hang the fan from the roof members inside the tent, attach the reducer to it and then exit the tent with 4" ducting. Leave the other end of the cool tube open, and open up the passive intake ports. This will allow fresh (and hopefully cool) air to enter from the outside, which will then get sucked through your cool tube and then back out of the tent. The carbon filter can be installed inside the tent, hanging from the roof members, with a piece of ducting running from the filter to the intake side of the cool tube. Or, you can install the filter outside the tent to the 4" ducing exiting from the lighting system.