PDA

View Full Version : Timeframe for seedlings, clones

hexar
07-27-2006, 04:19 AM
My first question is how long does it take to germinate and grow a seedling to the point of a rooted clone... as well as that can be estimated.

I believe it takes about 2 weeks for the clones to root... please correct me if I am wrong. When the plants are at this size will they be happy under a 1000watt lamp? I have a MH with an open parabolic reflector and I'm thinking I will have maybe 1 good oscillating fan for circulation across the 4x4 tray. Thanks!:)

dhill
07-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Hexar,

Planting Seeds

Place your seeds into a cup of warm water (75-80F). Let the seeds soak for 4-8 hours (the seeds should crack open after about 8-18). Then place the seeds into rockwool cubes, oasis cubes or rapid rooters.

From this point it will take about 2-3 weeks to be the same size as a cutting.

Cuttings will take 5-14 days to root. This will be determined by - temperature (75-80F should be maintained), light (fluorescent lights are best), humidity, health of mother plant, watering (cuttings must not be saturated with water) etc.

When placing cuttings under HID lights for the first time make sure that the hood is far from the new cuttings. Over the next day or two gradually bring the light closer to the cuttings. This will give the cutting a chance to acclimatize to the new light source.

bonneau pepper farm
08-16-2006, 05:39 AM
also, keep in mind that cuttings take on the age of the mother. so, If your mother is 3 months old, when you clone her...your clones will be 3 months old...

so in this scenario. It would take a seedling 3 months to be as mature as your cuttings. hope this helps.

for this reason; you can feed clones nutrients sooner and stronger, than you can seedlings.