PDA

View Full Version : Heat sensitive outlet

GreenLife
07-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Forgive my forgetfulness, I can't remember what you call them exactly. A while back I ran across an electrical outlet/power strip of some sort that could automatically shut off is the temp exceeded 105F. I saw it on a hydro site, but I can't find it anywhere now. Does BGH carry anything like that?

David G.
07-30-2006, 10:02 PM
I haven't seen a product like this, but you should be able to use one of our heating thermostats to accomplish this. You can set the dial to 100 degrees and the thermostat will only shut the power supply off if the temperature goes above that. Some of the Plug 'n' Grow products also have built-in high temp shut features, such as the IGS-61 CO2 monitor (so the CO2 generator shuts off if the room gets too hot) and their various ILS lighting controllers (it will turn the lights off if the room gets hotter then the value you set on the dial).

lovin it
10-29-2006, 08:47 AM
is there such a thermostat that detects tremp n humidity n acts accordingly?

David G.
11-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Do you mean a device that turns equipment off if it gets both too hot and/or too humid?

Unregistered
11-02-2006, 08:24 PM
yeah, that is what I had in mind. Is there such an item?

David G.
11-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Sorry for the delayed response; for some reason the system only just now sent me a notification that you had replied to the post.

Here are the 2 most popular devices that will turn off/on equipment if it gets too hot and/or humid in the grow room:
http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/Itemdesc.asp?ic=AACCTDH3&eq=&Tp=
http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/Itemdesc.asp?ic=AACIGS040&eq=&Tp=

NJGardener
01-24-2007, 08:29 AM
I think the thing being overlooked here is that unless it's a heater or CO2 generator, you DON'T want to be shutting anything off automatically with with "heat" -- you want to switch your ventilation on.
If heat then doesn't go down, you may need to turn lights off.
Need two temp. levels -- 1 - fan on, 2 (higher) shut lights off.