PDA

View Full Version : Can Fan

Unregistered
03-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Which of these two Can Fans; Can Fan 4" Centrifugal Fan or Can Max Fan 8", would be the quietest* to run in GRGL120? Would either of these fans be sufficient enough to cool 400 or 600 watt MH or HPS lamp?

*Live in an apartment without sound proof walls.

David G.
03-18-2009, 03:53 PM
The 4" would be quieter, and would be sufficient for cooling one lighting system. If you end up attaching a carbon filter to the fan, then you may need to step up to a 6" fan depending on exactly which filter you use.

Thrifty
03-29-2009, 11:07 PM
yeah that max fan is gonna be a bit too powerful to your set up as well, i just looked up the dimensions of the GRGL120 and a 4" Can fan with a can 9000 would definitely do the trick and still be very quiet. also i'd recommend getting a max fan just because those things are frigging amazing... unfortunately the 667 cfm you get from their 8" is a bit too much for you :P check this out by the way, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRH2PMV8DuY it's pretty amazing

Thrifty222
04-01-2009, 08:53 AM
yeah through a 8" Max fan you will be getting about 520CFM and thats pulling through a light AND a filter... and thats way too much air for that tent.. i think the Can-Fan RS6 centrifugal (not HO model) would be best for both noise and cfm requirements (approx 150CFM), but then i'm also assuming your going to filter your exhaust air as well as cool a hood with only 1 fan. Any way you look at it Can-Filters has the best product for you, I have been a Can-Fan (and now a Max-Fan) user for years and they have provided nothing but solid consistent results.