Thread: Lighting vs. $$$$

Unregistered Guest

Default Lighting vs. $$$$

I've invested a bunch of $, as I'm sure we all have, with hydroponics.

My question is, I've got 2 GE blue plant lights - 150w each, with a small fruit bowl type ballast behind them (work lights).

My plants seem to be okay, but growth is a bit sluggish.

I really don't want to spend a bunch on ballasts and high pressure bulbs unless there's a drastic difference.

anyone have stories? opinions?

helper Guest

Thumbs up

Ive read your post about your plants its a bit vage in what your saying but it sound like some 1 has told you to use blue spectrum only on grow, if i was you i would change to a higher watage ballast ie 250/ 400 and a dual spectrum bulb so your plants get best of both worlds. I would go to your local grow shop and try doing a deal with your old ballast for a new or reconditioned 1, new your lookin at about 80 i wouldnt pay no more than 50 for a recon, but do ask and explain at your local hydroponic dealer and im sure you will be happy with results, just doing what ive said im 100% you will see a lot of differance in your growth and plants health. Hope this helps you all the best. Big s

Default no body here using LED grow lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've invested a bunch of $, as I'm sure we all have, with hydroponics.

My question is, I've got 2 GE blue plant lights - 150w each, with a small fruit bowl type ballast behind them (work lights).

My plants seem to be okay, but growth is a bit sluggish.

I really don't want to spend a bunch on ballasts and high pressure bulbs unless there's a drastic difference.

anyone have stories? opinions?
    I would like to know your idea about it