Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spider Mite Help

Default don't use pyrethium for spider mites!

The literature i have read says that pyrethium, although it MIGHT kill the adult spider mites, causes them to lay ALL their eggs before they die, which results in an explosion of new mites in a few days. The thing that works best, although it is considered a little dangerous, is floramite, because it paralyzes the mites so they can't lay eggs before it kills them. I all cases, if you use chemical pesticides , you should rotate at least three kinds, each of which should kill a different way, so the mites won't build up a tolerance.

Unregistered Guest

Default Use CO2

Large commercial greenhouses use CO2 to wipe out spider mites and pests. You have to be extremely careful to ventilate before you enter...but it is very effective. Simply increase the CO2 in the room to 10,000 ppm for an hour. Then be very sure you completely ventilate the air before entering. Plants will be the only thing that survives in the room. All bugs and pests will be dead. Doing it again 5 days later should remove any possible eggs that hadn't hatched.

Depending on your room...its far cheaper than Azatrol or any other pesticide. And far more effective as coverage is not critical as when spraying.

Use Predatory Spider Mites! its the only organic safe way to treat this problem. Predatory mites are just like regular spider mites however instead of eating your beautiful plants they eat other spider mites like cannibals! MUAHAHAH. not only is it safe and chem free, but its fun as hell to watch the little guys battle it out atop your canopy. You can get these little suckers from a number of different websites, just google it and something should pop up. They come in a little vial of sawdust good for about 6 plants. Just sprinkle a little around the base of each plant and they crawl up the stalk to attack the other mites. the beauty of these guys is unlike the bombs they kill everything including ADULTS, LARVAE, and EGGS. whereas, with the bomb you have to hit the plant multiple times to kill the future generations of pests. PREDATORY MITES ARE THE BEST! Hope this helps guys!

PS- and when the mites are all gone, the Predatory Mites starve to death and die! NO CLEANUP!

Unhappy Smite those mighty mites!!!!!

Just found my plants problems. Mites!!!!! Blast those things. quite literally. well I wasn't well prepared so I picked up my plant and whacked it into the bath tub where the shower was at hand put it on the coldest setting and blasted it with the shower. I presume they will all just go down the plug hole. looked a bit limp afterwards but I am sure she appreciated it much more than having those creepy crawls all over her. anyway it soon plucked back up once she was put back in the heat. the under sides of the leaves look a lot better. but still some remain. Will repeat that process when it needs watering again. meanwhile I have mixed up 50 50 solution water, alcohol. (Vodka) the rest is crushed chilli seed, crushed coriander seed, lemon juice, vinegar, willy nilly. and then passed through a strainer. The combination. A red cocktail of which I have put in a bottle for spraying. Here goes lol. will have to do until I get some SMC looks quite good. Anyone know any safe knock out techniques. dont want to have to chop. safe...

There's a new product we just received that works GREAT on spider mites, and it's made completely from all-natural ingredients (safe to use on edible crops)! It's called SNS 217. Here's link to the smallest size:
    http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc....NS21704&eq=&Tp=

There are several other sizes available as well, in both ready to use and concentrate:
    http://www.bghydro.com/search/?q=sns...ption&filter=0

We gave samples of this product to several large growers and the feedback was unanimous - SNS 217 works!
    David G.
    BGH Forum Moderator
    www.bghydro.com

i heard to use a 1:1 rubbing alcohol to water mix...does anyone know if this would be a permanent fix or should i just go with floramite?

That sounds pretty sketchy. I would go with Floramite or SNS, or spider mite predators (depending on your budget), all of which can be found on our website. These are by far the most effective products with the least amount of residuals.
    David G.
    BGH Forum Moderator
    www.bghydro.com

I found this stuff called No Spider Mites it really works give it try I'm sure you will like it. Let me know if it works for you.

I would really try No Spider its Organic and it gets the job done. Keep it Green.