Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: centrifugal fan or mixed flow fan?

If your going to buy a mixed flow fan, go for the best one available.

Quote Originally Posted by David.L View Post
    i have to agree with the Can-Fan boys, the Max-Fan by CF is the best Mixed-Flow fan on the market. they've out performed every other fan i've ever put them up against.
    How many of what type of fan have you tested and what were the test conditions?

well, willard3, i've been working in the hydro industry for 8+ years, so i've gotten the ability to test a lot of things under a lot of situations. I've used Dayton, Active Air, Vortex, Elicient, Fantech, EcoPlus, ValuLine, Can-Fan, yadda yadda. so i can't be arsed to list off all the different scenarios, but one of the most recent was running two DarkRoom INTense 120's side by side running two 1000 watt HPS Max XXXL Ochos and a Can 100 in each. 10 plants on a 3x6 tray running drip with bio filters in coco and Biobizz nutes in each. only difference between the two rooms was a 8" Max Fan in one and an 8" HO Can Fan in the other. Temperature was slightly cooler in the Max Fan room and you could tell the Max Fan was pushing out more air than the Can Fan (by holding your hand over the dust exhaust)

That coupled with the Beach Ball Test is why i stand behind the Max Fans.
    Last edited by David.L; 09-17-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Actually, fan testing is much more rigorous than that.

Read AMCA requirements for fan testing.

Unregistered Guest

I want to either get a 8" vortex which is 747cfm but everyone seems to love the max fan's but the 8" only has like 675

what should I do? I need silence and energy saving more then anything.