Thread: Daisy cloner nutes

Unregistered Guest

Default Daisy cloner nutes

Having trouble with daisy cloner. Taking cuttings with 3 nodes, 45 deg. cut below 3rd node, dip in Olivia's cloning gel, put in daisy cloner with Olivia's cloning solution mixture (3/4 cup per gal). Immediately lost 6 of 8 clones. Any suggestions? Clean utensils, low temp solution.

How immediate is "immediately"? If they died within a day or two, it may because too much time passed between the time you took the cut and the time you dipped it in the gel. Or, because the light source is too strong, or it is too hot in the room. If they died after a few days then it could be because the water in the cloner is too hot (or even too cold). The biggest factor with cutting success is genetics; some strains just don't root well. Keeping everything sterile (razor blade, cutting surface, etc.) is also cheap insurance.
    David G.
    BGH Forum Moderator
    www.bghydro.com

Crombien211 Guest

Talking No gel needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Having trouble with daisy cloner. Taking cuttings with 3 nodes, 45 deg. cut below 3rd node, dip in Olivia's cloning gel, put in daisy cloner with Olivia's cloning solution mixture (3/4 cup per gal). Immediately lost 6 of 8 clones. Any suggestions? Clean utensils, low temp solution.
    I have had this same issue, if it wasn't due to what was already said. I find that use of any cloning gel seems to choke the cutting. The water being emitted from the aero sprayhead can't get to the stem if it has (IMO any at all) Olivia's gel on it. I have only tried this gel and instantly went to Clonex solution (NOT gel) after the death or heavy wilting of the fresh cuttings. I have also manually cleaned the cloning gel off the stem and saved the cut from suffication. I have however had success with Olivia's gel in rockwool and coco. Hope this helped.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Crombien211 View Post
    I have had this same issue, if it wasn't due to what was already said. I find that use of any cloning gel seems to choke the cutting. The water being emitted from the aero sprayhead can't get to the stem if it has (IMO any at all) Olivia's gel on it. I have only tried this gel and instantly went to Clonex solution (NOT gel) after the death or heavy wilting of the fresh cuttings. I have also manually cleaned the cloning gel off the stem and saved the cut from suffication. I have however had success with Olivia's gel in rockwool and coco. Hope this helped.
    Cheers
    I have cloned with and without hormone gels, liquids or powders. It has made no significant difference whether one is used or not. In a aeroponic cloner, all you need is just water and the clone.