Thread: Pythium Root Rot

Default Pythium Root Rot

I have a Pythium problem at present. Growing DWC, Read around about treating with peroxide and found suggestions and warnings at various levels. Spoke to my local products dealer who sold me some Dutch Masters Zone, root conditioner. I have treated with that at the low dose for 3 days, then changed containers and nutrient solution, dosed at the high level, and it's been 2 days since. My solution has always been around 68-72 degrees, light fairly well blocked out. Many plants seem to be pulling out of it fine, but 2 others do not. My concern is only that, those two are in a shared container with 2 others which seem to be fine. Wondering about trying another product, or should I terminate the two struggling plants to make sure my healthier two plants survive. Never experienced Pythium before in my short grow history.

Thanks in advance.

Malachi

Update: I have been treating the plants with Dutch Masters Zone at nearly the full strength and all of my plants are looking great. Along with the Zone I have been changing the water every week since the Pythium problem started. Also only did foliar feed 2 hours before lights on, no nutrients in water. Made sure that my air flow was optimum (stones working well, etc.)
    Last edited by Sicerelli; 02-19-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Hydrogen peroxide at 100-500 ppm will control pythium and is less expensive. Treat all water that comes into contact with plant before you use it.