Thread: Bloom Nutrients

Default Bloom Nutrients

I am very new to the hydro scene. I am growing cucumbers in my basement, and they are doing quite well. they are about 5 feet tall and are starting to produce many flowers and cucumbers. My question is , do I completely phase out the regular nutrients and switch solely to the bloom nutrients ? or use a combination ? (cause I expect they will flower for a few months)

Thank you for any help or input.

pates32 Guest

Bloom phase requires phosphorus and potassium.Bloom nutrients contain high concentration phosphorus and potassium, but low nitrogen.The use of grow and bloom nutrients at the appropriate times is also crucial factor.You may try switching to bloom during the flowering phase which ensuring plants do not become deficient in potassium and phosphorus.

See if this helps...Nutrient Formula.JPG

Yes, you should only use the Bloom nutes while in flower and not the Veg nutes. It's not extremely vital that you switch right away. Some people like to use their Veg nutes for the first couple of weeks of flower. Some like to switch right away. Really, it's up to you and your experience of what works for your specific crop. I personally use Coco and Coco nutes, so they are one in the same and I don't have to go from Veg to Bloom nutes. The plant makes the decision on what to consume.

Happy Growing!

Quote Originally Posted by Prasham View Post
    See if this helps...Nutrient Formula.JPG
    Yes it’s really helpful for using the nutrients in vegetative, fruiting and flowering stage. Thanks for nutrients chart that can helpful for me in future.