Thread: what's a good growing media for aerospring or PVC pipe system

Default what's a good growing media for aerospring or PVC pipe system

I am new to hydroponics system. So far I've heard that rockwool make good starter cube, the problem is I don't have access to rockwool for agriculture use in my area. However coco coir or peat moss starter cube are widely available. But I get a feeling these material are easy to break into small pieces, fall out the net pot and jam the system. Does anyone know if I could put coco coir or peat moss in a net pot for a aerospring or PVC pipe kind of system. Or can I use coco coir in its nature form(long fibre) And it will be appreciated if anyone recomment any growing media other than rockwool. Thanks
    Last edited by hstai; 07-13-2011 at 06:57 AM.

go to the store and get some sponge and cutt them into little pieces .it will work just fine . good luck with your grow

Quote Originally Posted by bluedubbing View Post
    go to the store and get some sponge and cutt them into little pieces .it will work just fine . good luck with your grow
    Thanks for reply "bluedubbing". I think it will works fine. My friend had also suggest same solution when I had face such problem. Its workable.