Thread: Cana coco + ebb and flow

Default Cana coco + ebb and flow

Hi All.

This will be my first system, I did look at a "water garden" drip feed but that looked flaky so I've moved on to Ebb and Flow at lease it's easily controllable.

I have a bag of Cana Coco that I bought for the drip system and would now like to use for the ebb and flow; my question is what should the period be between Flows? Ie the time between "pump on" periods.

Many Thanks aamcle

What is the res. size?
    What is the table size?
    Are you going to be using fabric pots? If so what size?

In general for Coco i start out flooding for 15 to 30 minutes depending on the table size. And i flood every other day, as the plants grow the frequency of watering often needs to be increased. I usually look to totally saturate my coco once every 6 hours or so, but again this can vary depending on the plants size and also environmental conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by ora8i View Post
    Hi All.

This will be my first system, I did look at a "water garden" drip feed but that looked flaky so I've moved on to Ebb and Flow at lease it's easily controllable.

I have a bag of Cana Coco that I bought for the drip system and would now like to use for the ebb and flow; my question is what should the period be between Flows? Ie the time between "pump on" periods.
    Thanks “ora8i” for starting threads. It could be useful threads to me, because I am planning to use this system.