Thread: how to choose LED Grow Light for tomato plant?

Default how to choose LED Grow Light for tomato plant?

I am new comer here, I hope i can learn something from this forum. Thanks in advance!!!

If i want to plant tomato, what kinds of ratio should i choose?

I think you will have trouble with tomatoes and LED lights. I've done some experiments with LEDs. The problem is that the tomato plants will get very tall. The light produced by LED lights is not intense enough to provide enough light for anything below the top canopy. The tomatoes will get very leggy. Now if you put additional LED lights at different heights around the sides you might have some luck. Or of course you could supplement with other types of light like CFLs. I managed to grow tomatoes with T5s above and CFLs around the outside. At some point I had to start trimming the tops of the plants because I had no more space and no more lights to add. They did well and I got some nice fruit, but less than I would have outside.

Hello,As we know,there are biue and red leds in a LED light.Blue LEDs can easily be added to enhance vegetative growth , red LEDs are good for promoting the fruiting and flowering stage , our suggestions on the wavelength are red (620-630nm) , red(640-660nm) , blue (450- 460nm) , blue (460-470 nm) , You can choose the wavelength and color ratio which is most suitable for your plant growth.So you can ask the supplier to provide the LED light with red leds more than blue.

Thanks for starting thread and replying to related query about choosing LED grow light for tomato plants. It’s really informative for me and grower in future growth of tomato. Thanks

Post led grow lights for tomato

need do a customized high power led grow light , and some lights such as led grow tube lamps for supplementary lighting. color : redl;blue;ir

DSC00542.jpg

In our greenhouse

Cool

DSC00542.jpg

In our greenhouse using 200w LED lamps